About Quadrat Scotland
Trading since 1994.
Quadrat Schotland is committed to a high level of environmental responsibility.
BSc Hon’s Environmental Science.
BSc Hons Environmental Science and Postgraduate Diploma in Conservation Management (NESBM Supervisory Management Certificate) MIEEM
BSc General Science MIEEM, City and Guilds Biological Surveying.
BSc Hons Ecology
MSc in Vegetation Survey and Assessment
Projects to date:
Community projects and natural design
- Feasibility study, community consultation and design of natural playground in the arboretum, Lochgoilhead, Argyll for Mike Hyatt Landscape Architects (2005)
- Feasibility study and community consultation of natural playground Sandbank, Argyll for Mike Hyatt Landscape Architects (2005)
- Feasibility study, community consultation and design of Viking Heritage Trail on the beach at Ardentinny for Mike Hyatt Landscape Architects (2005)
- Survey, design and grant management of Dunans Castle heritage footpath for the owners (2004/5)
- Survey and design of Strachur Community Open Space for Strachur Development Trust (2004)
- Management plans for Pendle Common and Beacon Fell for Lancashire County Council (1997)
- Management plan for Roeburndale Woods SSSI for English Nature - North West Region (1995).
E.I.A. Environmental Impact Assessment
- On site assessment of works as quality assurance for mitigation as proposed in EIA, Norpower, Sloy overhead cable, Cairndow.
- EIA of proposed windfarm, Ladyland Estate, Clyde Muirshiel for Wind Hydrogen (2005)
- EIA of proposed windfarm and hydro developments at Kinlochleven and Ben Nevis for Alcan (Bidwells) (2003/4/5)
- Habitat Assessment and Ecological Impact Assessment of a proposed windfarm site in Cowal, for Atlantic Energy, 2004
- EIA of proposed hydroelectric pipeline in Glengarry for Caledonian Energy (1998)
- EIA for proposed hydroelectric pipeline, Strontian for Caledonian Energy (1997)
- NVC and habitats EIA statement for Clachan Flats windfarm, Border Wind.
Biological survey and assessment
- NVC survey of Moorfoot Hills SSSI for SNH (2004)
- NVC survey of Meall na Samhna and Beinn Heasgarnich for SNH (2004)
- Habitat Condition Assessment of North Bute SSSI for SNH (2004)
- Ecological Assessment of river valleys within Douglas and Angus Estate for Bidwells (2003)
- Land Management Impact Survey and prognosis of North Bute SSSI for SNH, 2004
- NVC Survey and Habitat Condition Assessment of North Harris cSAC for SNH (2003)
- Analysis of riparian woods as potential beaver habitat with Knapdale FC land for SNH (2003)
- Habitat Condition Assessment of part of North Pennine Moors SSSI for EN (2003)
- NVC Survey and Habitat Condition Assessment of Lewis Peatlands cSAC for SNH (2001/2)
- NVC Survey of Lake District Fells for English Nature (2002)
- NVC Survey and Habitat Condition Assessment of the Cheviot SSSI and Muggleswick, Stanhope, Edmundbyers Commons and Blanchland Moor SSSI for English Nature (2002)
- NVC Survey and Ecological Assessment of dune grassland and heath, Marine Drive, Irvine for EN (2002)
- NVC Survey of grassland and mire SSSIs for English Nature, Essex, Herts and London (2001/2/3)
- NVC Survey of Chalk Grasslands for ‘Chalking Up London’s Downs’ (2001)
- River Corridor Survey (RCS) and Report of The River Ravensbourne, London for EA - Thames Region (2000-2001)
- Proposal for conservation plan and management plan for lake restoration, Wicksteed, Kettering for Wicksteed Village Trust (2000-2001)
- Habitat Condition Assessment of woodland SSSIs in Tayside and Clackmannanshire for Scottish Natural Heritage (EN) (2000)
- Ecological appraisal of the potential development site at Ballochgair for Campeltown Enterprise (2000)
- NVC surveys of five SSSIs in Kintyre for EN (1999)
- NVC/Phase 1 completion of the 1996 upland vegetation survey of Kintyre and Mid-Argyll, for EN (1999/00).
- Vegetation monitoring of the Moine Mhor SSSI (raised bog) for EN (1999)
- NVC/Phase 1 survey and Habitat Condition Assessment of the Inner Hebridean islands of Canna and Sanday for EN (1999)
- NVC survey of the Forest of Clunie by Pitlochry for EN (1999)
- NVC survey of Muirkirk and North Lowther pSSSI for EN (1997/8/9)
- Assessment of the ecological importance of Fleetwood Former Power Station (incl birds, mammals, invertebrates, vascular and lower plants) for Lancashire County Council (1999/00).
- NVC survey of selected areas, Dumfries and Galloway (25,000ha) for Solway Heritage (1998)
- Survey of Argyll Oakwoods for Forest Enterprise (1998)
- LIFE Woodland surveys in Argyll for Highland Birchwoods (1998)
- NVC survey of neutral grasslands in Lancashire for EN -NW Region (1997)
- NVC survey and management plans of Pendle Common and Beacon Fell for Lancashire County Council (1997)
- NVC survey and management prescriptions, Tayvallich SSSI for EN (1996).
- NVC survey of N2K oak woodlands (pSACs) Loch Etive, for EN (1996)
- NVC/Phase 1 upland vegetation survey of Kintyre and Mid-Argyll, for EN (1995-6).
- NVC survey and management plan of Roeburndale Woods SSSI for English Nature - North West Region (1995).
- NVC/Phase 1 survey of The Oa, Islay, for EN (1995)
- NVC mire surveys of Claish Moss & Kentra Bay (Ardnamurchan) & Caithness & Sutherland Flowes (1994 for EN sub-contracted to Green Assoc.).
- NVC survey of valley mire systems, for Dartmoor National Park Authority sub-contracted to Michel Hughes Assoc. (1994).
- NVC surveys of : Clyde Muirshiel Regional Park, Eldrick Hill, The Lowther Hills for EN (1993/4).
- Phase 1 survey of Slammanan Plateau (1993); for EN sub-contracted to Green Assoc.
- Botanical monitoring in Brecklands and Norfolk Broads ESAs for ADAS. (1991/2/3).
Elkington T., Dayton N., Jackson D.L. and Strachan I.M. (2001)
National Vegetation Classification: Field guide to mires and heaths. JNCC